Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fighter Diet Pizza, it's not Lou Malnattis, but hey....

The Fighter Diet intrigues me. I have yet to buy any of Pauline's ebooks but I have been Google-ing the concept and tried her "famous" fighter diet pizza last week. She doesn't measure ANYTHING so I had to wing it and the first attempt was a total bust. Second attempt was better, and my third is bound to be even better.

I am stealing the excerpt from her blog and posting it below, then with my comments to follow.

______________________________

Warning! This “recipe” doesn’t have any info on how much of each ingredient. It doesn’t matter from a calorie point of view, but it does matter when to get the right consistency. Consistency is a trial and error.



Keep in mind that a real pizza with flour is the real deal. No fake pizza will be able to match it unless it’s too good to be true;-) This pizza won’t make your body fat, just full!!!

This is what I do to get my wonderful carbo-fake Fitness pizza:

Mix dry yeast, a lot of oat fiber (I THINK I took 2 cups total for ME and it became a big pizza), 4 tbsp-ish (I THINK it was about that, I didn’t measure up) pulverized psyllium husk, tons of mrs dash’s and a hint of himalayan salt.

Add warm water and mix til it’s a quite loose dough, looking a bit like thick pancake dough. Put it in the microwave in a big glass bowl, full effect 6 minutes.

Spray a coat of fat-spray on aluminum sheet. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Press out the dough to a firm sheet with a spoon. Bake for 6 minutes.

Add tomato sauce, fresh basil, mushrooms (I like dried and soaked), chopped onion and finally Lifetime fat free mozarella cheese. I use the whole block which gives me about 290 calories and 63 grams of protein. Bake until cheese has melt and starts to burn a bit in the edges.

Voila!!!!


_______________________

Okay, through my trial and error, I figured that 1/4 cup Psyllium, 1/4 cup of Wheat Germ, and 1/2 cup of Oat bran gave a good crust consistency. To season, I used cayenne pepper, a twist of sea salt, dried basil and oregano. I also needed to bake for about 10 minutes. I also only used 1/2 cup of Kraft fat free cheese to her, what I think is, 2 cups.

End result, a decent pizza fix. I will be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment