Thursday, August 25, 2011

WTF Chocolate Protein Brownies

Why the WTF? Because I can't believe these are good for me. I developed a sweet tooth last night and before I touched any of the kids junk food, I decided to *try* my hand at making a healthy, protein-rich, low glycemic, brownie. One word:

Winning.

I will be making these for parties and I promise that no one will know that what they are eating is actually good for them. My son liked them. 'Nuff said. I may add a swirl of natural almond or peanut butter to the next batch in order to add some healthy fats, or better yet, some raw chopped almonds.

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup of steel cut oat flour (steel cut oats ground to flour consistency)
1 cup of unsweetened natural organic applesauce
4 packets of Stevia
1 package of sugar free/fat free Jello pudding
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (I like Platinum Hydrowhey)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1.5 oz of dark chocolate (at least 70% dark)
I use Trader Joe's small dark chocolate bar (72%) and I took a hammer to it while
still in the wrapper to break it up into small chunks

Mix all the stuff together with a spoon until well blended.

Pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.

Let cool completely before cutting/serving. Note: This wait will be difficult.

Makes 8 servings:
190 Calories
2.6 Grams of Fat
1.5 Saturated Fat
25 carbs
3.25 grams of fiber
13.25 grams of protein

Oh, and you're welcome!









1 comment:

  1. Your mom brought this camping with her this past weekend & let me have one. WTF is right, these taste WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to cook up a batch myself.
    Oh and by the way, you have a new blog stalker.

    ReplyDelete