Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Key Lime Cheesecake protein bars

I really made an effort to change the consistency of my bars with this recipe. I wanted to make them less dry and cake-like and more like a dessert. It worked, but I did need to use Splenda Brown Sugar blend.



Preheat oven to 350

Crust:
8 sugar free wholegrain graham crackers crushed fine(found in health food stores)
1/8 cup of melted vegan butter (or regular butter)

press into the bottom of an ungreased glass baking dish, 9x13

Mix all dry ingredients;
3/4 cup of steel cut oat flour
1/4 cup of oat fiber
1/2 cup of Splenda brown sugar blend
8 packets of Truvia
1 package sugar free/fat free lime gelatin
1 package of sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding
2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey protein (or other brand, I like how this bakes though)
teaspoon of salt

Mix in the following;
1/4 cup of egg whites
1/4 cup of fat free cream cheese
1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of lime juice
zest from 1/2 of a lime

(Blend with a mixer to avoid clumps of cream cheese.

Pour over crust, bake in oven for 22 minutes. Let cool before serving, garnish with lime. Makes 12 servings with the following macro nutrients;

Calories; 133.22
fat; 3.0
carbs; 14.3
Fiber; 2.25
protein; 6.76

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Are you going to do start Fighter diet? Thinking about it myself. Have you read any of her books yet?

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! I was just telling my cousin that i was going to buy her ebooks this week. Are you going to compete in 2012? I have about 12 lbs to shred and about 3-5 pounds of muscle to gain I think before I can even consider it. Also, having trouble getting out of the endurance mindset. Thinking Pauline's cardio ebooks might help me with that? Thanks for following and sharing my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that 12 lbs should take a while to come off if you want to retain muscle. made similar mistkes when I was nearing a show a few years ago. Burn fat and do too much you lose muscle. difficult balance. good luck to you and stop by with any questions anytime i will be at south loop location.

    Geneva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy another recipe I'm going to try ! ! !

    ReplyDelete