Thursday, September 15, 2011

Strawberry Banana Split Protein Bars

Hello, and welcome to this installment of "It's too damn good to be healthy for you".

Today, I bring you these tasty delights that are sure to cure your sweet tooth and feed your muscles.

Last night, my sweet tooth screamed at me and said "give me what I want bitch". Little does that tooth know I tricked the shit out of it.



Preheat oven to 350

mix the following:

1 cup of ground steel cut oat flour
1/4 cup of wheat bran
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
4 egg whites
6 packets of Stevia or Truvia
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of unsweetened organic applesauce
1 package of sugar free/fat free Strawberry Banana gelatin (I used Jello brand)
10-15 strawberries sliced (I suppose you can add a banana sliced too, I didn't)

Bake the mixture in coated mini loaf pan for about 10 minutes. You can also use a 9x13 baking dish. Remove from oven and drizzle with a few tablespoons of this stuff....


This is calorie free, fat free, sugar free, everything free (well, actually there is about 60mg of sodium)strawberry syrup. I found this at Jewel near the chocolate syrup. I also bought caramel and chocolate flavors.....can't wait to try those out....Anyway....

Place back into the oven for another 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Then enjoy. Makes 8 mini loafs or 16 squares in a 9x13 (2 squares per serving).

Calories: 86
Fat: 1 gram
Carbs: 10 grams
Protein: 9 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment